An Historic Catering Venue In Dallas
Beginning as an extraordinary gift in the early 1900’s, the history of Aldredge House commences with a true love story.
Construction of the house began in 1915 when prominent West Texas rancher William J. Lewis, native of Maryland, secured architect Hal Thomson to build a beautiful Southern mansion for his 20-year-old bride, Willie Newbury Lewis. Miss Willie was one of Dallas’ first debutantes and Mr. Lewis wanted to honor her with the most beautiful home in Dallas.
The house features influences of English Georgian and French Renaissance styling. In 1921 the mansion was purchased by George N. Aldredge, a prominent banker. He and his wife Rena (Munger) were active civic leaders and major contributors to the arts. Aldredge House was recorded as a Texas Historic Landmark in 1982.
Today, this tradition of romance and prominence continues as celebrants choose Aldredge House as the venue for their most special catered affairs. This grand dame of historic Lakewood provides a lovely setting for parties and special events throughout the year. From summer morning weddings on the terrace to spring and fall ceremonies in the garden, Aldredge House radiates elegance and warmth. And the charm of horse drawn carriages down the opulently decorated Swiss Avenue adds an extra sparkle to holiday celebrations.